Volunteer helpline counselling was inspiring and led me to train as a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist.
Previous experience in teaching children and young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties lead me to realise how important it is for children and adults to be able to explore their emotional issues and difficulties, so some resolution is made. In this way future life can be a more rewarding, fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
My wide range of counselling experiences include:-
- 9 years Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Centre
- 3 years Peace Bereavement Service
- 3 years Herts Mind Network
- 3 years Play Therapy skills in schools
- 4 years Private Practice for adults, couples, adolescents and children
- 1 year Community and Neighbourhood Mediation
- 3 years NHS GP counsellor
- currently working with Employee Assistance Programmes
Post diploma courses have included:-
Creative arts, counselling adolescents and children, cognitive behaviour therapy, drug and alcohol awareness training, bereavement and loss, attachment issues, mindfulness, play therapy skills training, working with couples.
As a BACP accredited counsellor I abide by their ethical framework and am committed to Continuous Professional Development regularly undertaking training to ensure my professionalism.
I have full insurance for public and professional liability.